Header Navigation Bar

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Card with a pinch of Shimmer

Ok, this is my first Fall card of the season. I went to Stampin' UP! Regionals in Cincinatti in Sept and one of the demonstrations was on using the new Shimmer Paints. There were sooooo many cool things they did with the Shimmer Paints - you have just got to get them in every color. I used a little on this card and I love the effect. It looks better in person but I think it's ok in the picture. I did a couple of things. First on the smaller background leaves on the Really Rust paper I inked up the stamp then used a sponge and put a small dab (I mean small dab, a little dab will do ya) on the stamp over the ink. When you stamp it you get a great look. I also used the blender pen and added some Shimmer Paint to the leaf on the picture (the one behind the pumpkin) however it doesn't show up in the picture but in person it looks really good. I used blender pen and did a combination of blender pen for color on the picture and pastels.

Remember - if you are going to use your blender pen on a stamped image make sure to stamp the image in Stazon Ink so it won't smear!

No comments:

Post a Comment