Header Navigation Bar

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dasher Holiday Card

Hi Everyone. Ok, I have cased a card a time or two, however, never this bad - ha. I generally change it up quite a bit. Well, this one is from a Stampin' UP! Wow DVD that is available to demonstrators. I think the Demonstrator's name on the video is Mary Ellis (I will double check when I get my DVD out again). The technique I was learning was how to make the sun and the snow mound for the reindeer to stand on.


To make the sun, simply punch out a 1 3/8" circle in a post-it note. Place the post-it note with the circle punched out of it on your card. Use a dauber and apply More Mustard ink in circular motions around the inside of the circle making sure to make the ink a little darker on the bottom for shading.

To make the snow mound for the reindeer to stand on simply tear a regular piece of paper and place it at the hooves of the reindeer. (you will need to 'mask' the sun, so using the circle that was punched out of the post-it note earlier place that circle over the sun to cover it. You can use a little dotto to help hold the circle in place.)  Next, using a sponge (not a dauber) dab the sponge in Bashful Blue ink and in circular motion go over the entire sky area clear down to the torn paper that will be making the mound. As you get lower to the ground (paper mound) make the ink a little darker) When you pull the paper away you will have a white mound. I then took my two-way glue and traced the outline top of the mound then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds. This is really EASY. Just practice a couple of times. And for those of you attending my Holiday Stamp-a-Stack on Dec 5th, this is not one of the cards we'll be making. I wasn't sure it was what you all would want to make several of. If you want me to show you how to do it on the 5th I would be more than happy to.
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment