Header Navigation Bar

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Gift Card Holder

Hi All, This is a really quick and easy gift card holder to make. Not sure how I feel about my color choices, but of course you can always change them for whatever you're making. I think the Christmas ones I make like this I will like much better.

To Create:
1. Cut card stock (I used a textured card stock Old Olive but you don't have to.) 4" x 7-7/8". Score it horizontally at 2-3/8" and 5-1/8th.
2. Create a 2-1/2" x 7-1/4" belly band (mine is More Mustard); score the belly band at 2-1/2" and 5-1/4" (notice the belly band is scored a little larger than your score lines for the actual card base, this is to allow room for the belly band to be able to slide on and off)
3. Stamp Images on belly band (I used versamark and stamped leaves on the More Mustard, they're a little hard to see here)
4. Punch out a scallop border and adhere to belly band (the border should be 7-1/4" long like your belly band and score the same, at 2-1/2" and 5-1/4")
5. Ahere the scallop border to the belly band with snail. Now fold the belly band around the card and secure it closed with Sticky Strip.
6. Use the 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon of your choice and tie around bellly band (I used Elegant Eggplant)
6. Stamp your greeting and punch out with Large Oval Punch; Punch out a Scallop Oval Punch and layer the two together. Adhere to card with Dimensionals.
7. For the one pictured here I cut out 4 leaves from the Autumn Traditions Designer Paper and adhered with dimensionals.

These are WAY EASY to make. Expect to see more of them on my blog w/ better colors ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment