Header Navigation Bar

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Love the Shimmer Paint!



Hi All, I really like the simplicity of this card - however, it wasn't that simple ;-) Not so much hard, just a little time consuming, and YES, those of you who check my blog, this IS one of the Stamp-a-stack cards we will be making on Dec 5th.

You can't tell how 'shimmery' it is in the photo but trust me, it is. I used the new Stampin' UP! Frost Shimmer paint mixed in alcohol (and yes, that's 'rubbing alcohol' ;-), spritzed onto the green card stock then used the heat tool to dry it. Then I ran it through the BigShot using a texture plate. Next I used versamark for the pine trees and white embossing powder. Make sure to press down hard since you are stamping on a textured/dry embossed cardstock.

To make the ornament punch out I stamped the image on white cardstock, then patted my versamark pad over the image, applied Irridescent ice embossing powder and set it with the heat tool.  After it cooled off I used the ornament punch to punch it out. LOVE IT. It's much cuter in person ;-)

Materials Used:
Stamp Sets: Patterned Pines, Holiday Best (both are hostess sets -sorry)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Glorious Green
Accessories used: Ticket Corner punch, Big Shot, Texture Plate, Frost Shimmer Paint, Heat tool, Versamark, White embossing powder, Ornament punch, Irridescent Ice embossing powder, 1" Real Red stiched grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment