Header Navigation Bar

Sunday, March 20, 2016

#134 Dazzler Birthday

Hi Crafters,

I will do a video on this card but not today. I'm not feelin' it - ha. Getting out the camera and doing the card again. This card took 4 hours to design and figure out, lots of mess ups while playing with the new Dazzlers. The card isn't hard per se but there were surprisingly a number of supplies used and a new technique.



The second pic is of a slanted view so you can see the shimmer from the Dazzler paste I used. It is soooo shiny and fun. It's a cool product.


The product list is a tad long ;-(  sorry about that. I don't normally use a gazillion items in one card. I just couldn't help myself.

Also, for the KiwiLane templates please visit my Kiwi Lane website to order or email me if you have questions. https://stampinmania.kiwilaneinstructor.com/

Products Used:
Stencil: Hero Arts "Medallion Patterned"
Patterned Paper: Gina K Designs "Made with Love"
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink "Berry Sorbet" and "Hawaiian Shores"; Neenah "Solar White"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Sentiment Splits"; Clearly Besotted "Life & Laughter"
Dies:  Lawn Fawn "Sm and Lg Stitched Rectangle sets" ; Clearly Besotted "Life & Laughter dies"
Kiwi Lane: Card template "Adorn" 
Inks:  Distress Ink "Peacock Feathers"; Lawn Fawn "Merman";  WPLUS9 "Flamingo"; & Versamark
Dazzlerz: "Coral Me Crazy"
Ink blending tool
Clear Wink of Stella (doesn't show on the pic very well but it is on the flowers that were stamped and die cut out)

Here's a pic of the stencil I used: Sometimes you just need a visual more than just a name
Steps for getting the initial background created using Distress Ink and Dazzlers.
  1. Stencil on a white piece of cardstock cut at 5 1/4 x 4. Stencil using the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and an Ink Blending tool.
  2. Slide the stencil a little off-center from what you just did and apply the Coral Me Crazy Dazzler paste. You can use a pallet knife, plastic knife, or paint brush.
  3. It will take awhile for the Dazzlers to dry - you can use your heat tool (I did but I still cut it too early in my die cutting machine)
  4. Cut out using the Lawn Fawn largest Stitched Rectangle Die in the Small Rectangle Die set.
I promise to do a video but this should get ya started. I love using stencils and off-setting them to make a shadow look.

Happy Crafting, Have a Blessed Day,
Terri







No comments:

Post a Comment